I took a road trip from my road trip on day 5. There is a Moto Guzzi dealership south of Charlotte, so I pointed the bike East and headed out. I've been fortunate enought to own several unique European bikes over the years, but I've never owned a Moto Guzzi. Never even ridden one. Same is true for KTM, although I have ridden a few of those. At any rate, those two bikes are high on my list of “need to own,” sooner or later.
Guzzi's are unique machines. Here's a little eye candy for you.
Speaking of oddities, no shortage of them around here. I thought about walking around town and taking some photos to demonstrate the eclectic nature of this community, but I just don't have the patience for that. I'd rather ride. Where most cities have a street or neighborhood of starving artists, vagabonds, runaways and aging hippies, Asheville is “all that, everywhere, all the time!” But, since I fit all those categories at least a little, it works for me. I think it would drive most people my age nuts.
Other random notes from the road:
1. I can't tell you how many times people have asked me if I'm hot in this suit. What do you think? Yes, I'm hot, but I didn't get to this point in my riding career by taking needless chances.
2. The more I sample other people' coffee, the more I think I should quit my job and go 100%. Not saying they are bad or that mine is better, but it sure as Helll is just as good.
3. I can't stand to be around people who have conversations speaking into their phone so that all the world can hear. If you do that, stop it!
4. I can't stand that I have so many feakin' electronic gadgets to charge that I can't keep track of the cords!
5. I'd like to ride home, pick up my wife and spend the rest of my life traveling. Anyone want to finance that for me?